04 April, 2008

Bad Blogger!

I cannot believe it has taken me nearly a whole month to get around to writing another post. Shameful.
Although there has been so much happening that i have barely had time to have a piss let alone think of something honest and worthy to write on this site. But things are back on track and rather than write a 2 page post here are some of the highlights from the last month.
1. I have moved! Again! I quite fancied a move to the beach for a while so packed up my bags in Surry Hills and moved to Coogee. Ok so its no Bondi but you can get a decent meal for half the price and can swim in the sea without getting wiped out by a wave!
2. I have been partying at long last. Part of the reason i decided to move to Coogee were the housemates. My age, great fun and they want to party. It feels great to have drinking buddies again and has stopped that one little void i felt by being alone in Sydney.
3. Still working at Deutsche Bank and loving it. I am thinking about approaching the head guy about sponsorship options so i can stay. Its not so much the actual job i like, its the feeling you get walking into this wonderful building everyday and seeing lots of successful men running around making millions. Ooh i am getting hot and bothered just thinking about it.
4. Talking of men - i had my first one night stand in Oz. Not good. I went to a bar called Establishment in the city after work on Friday, got plastered and ended up going home with a guy i met whilst waiting for a taxi. He wasn't bad, but of all things he was a bloody life coach so the next morning i couldn't get rid of him as he wanted to talk about me!!
5. I have noticed that it is actually very easy to meet guys in this city. I went to the Ivy last Friday with girlfriends and decided i was going to try and make more of an effort to meet guys so literally just smiled at all the ones i found attractive. Bingo. 4 numbers and 2 dates.
6. Because of the above mentioned points and a new found confidence i have not thought about SB has much. I still have moments when i wish i was at home wrapped in his arms, or that he would fly to Sydney to come and get me but those moments are getting shorter and i am not 100% sure i believe them anymore.
7. My sister got engaged. I don't want to talk about that any further.
8. I have fallen in love with a lifeguard on Bondi Rescue and am plotting how i can accidentally bump into him. First port of call is a night out in Bondi with a few friends this Saturday night.
9. I have a date with someone i will call 'Pecs' guy this Saturday lunch time. Met him at the Ivy, ok looking but awesome body.
10. Still loving Sydney. I feel i have the balance right now with working in the city, living by the beach and a social life to tie it all together.

So all in all having a blast. I have a feeling this blog may now take a new direction. Perhaps ill rip off an old blogger friends site and start calling it Single in the city!

Sy

3 comments:

Dervish said...

It's good to know that you are enjoying your time in Sydney finally your love life is looking up and SB is fading into the background ;-)

Single Guy said...

Yes. You should be Single in the City. Good to see you are back and wow..thanks for the update. Hunky beach boys and muscle boys..I'm jelous. Good for ya...things are working well. You need to take me out to a straight place and show me that side of sydney!

singlebrokefemale said...

Welcome back! Good to catch up on all your news, if only it were as easy to get a date in London as it is in Sydney...!