25 April, 2008

All the hot ones are taken

Single life is soooo complicated. Still confused but at least now aware, after my gay encounter last week, i decided to brave the bars and go out for a few last night after work. After all it was Anzac Day the next day and i didn't want to be 'unaustralian'.

After a few drinks in the office and a little practice game of '2 Up' with the big boss and other employers we went down to Chambers Bar. Armed with a new found confidence, i enjoyed myself and was chatting to different people when i caught a really REALLY hot guy looking over from the corner of my eye. I looked over in that way us girls do, when we look over but pretend we are not looking at him and are in fact scanning the room for someone far more interesting!

I had seen this guy before in Veranda and thought then he was lovely, but didn't do anything about it. After another two Corona's i felt even more confident, and felt a few times that he was watching me. I went to the bathroom and put on some lipstick and tidy up my hair ready for the kill! As i strutted (yes strutted) back to my spot to join my friend i looked over to him and he smiled. I smiled back. Whoopee. 'I'm going to go and talk to that hot guy' i said smugly to my friend who looked at me as if i had gone mad.

I walked over and held out my hand to him 'Hi, I'm Sy nice to meet you'

'Hi, nice to meet you' He shook my hand back but looked a little uncomfortable.

'Look' he said bending down to my ear, 'Your hot, but my girlfriend is over there and she will kill me if she sees me talking to you, but she is leaving soon if you can hang around'

?! Tosser!

'Umm you know what, that doesn't really do it for me, have a good night'

I went back to my friends and felt a bit embarrassed, i had strolled over like some kind of minx and was met by a rat. 'He has a girlfriend' i said shaking my head and shrugging my shoulders before anyone could ask any questions. I didn't tell them about my offer. Lesson 2 - if there is a hot guy in a Sydney bar and you are 100% sure he is not gay, then he has a girlfriend.

Sy

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

Good to see you are getting out there!! but what a wanker!! with a girlfriend. You deserve better!

singlebrokefemale said...

That is so wrong! what a tosser! I have a friend in Sydney right now and she has had similar experiences with guys who think its acceptable to have a girlfriend while making a play for another, totally unacceptable (and, more to the point, greedy!!)