21 April, 2008

Generation G (ay)

When you live in the gay capital of the world (apparently) you get pretty used to seeing, talking and meeting a few gays guys on a night out in this city. Some area's more than others i must add, however its never a problem and i personally think that every girl should have a great gay guy friend.....they are as important as sky high heels. I shouldn't generalise but gay guys always seem to have that ability to be brutally honest but make you feel great about yourself all at the same time - something a straight man will never manage.

Anyway i was in the Loft on Friday night for drinks after work and after many a Vodka and Tonic and started chatting to a few people when this really sweet, well dressed guy came over and said how much he liked my shoes! Gay. I thanked him, complimented him on his lovely English accent and we chatted. After ordering a vodkatini for him (gay), we had a dance on the dance floor. Again every shape he pulled on the little dance floor screamed gay, and i loved it. After the dance we went back to the bar when the unthinkable happened........he tried to kiss me!

I pulled back and blurted out 'ummm aren't you gay?' which probably wasn't my best line.
(laughing) 'No what makes you think that?'

I was just stunned, was he really straight or just confused. I have never been wrong before. The thing is if i had have thought this guy was straight i would have never gone to the bar and danced with him in such a unflattering way. I didn't flirt with him and was brutally honest about everything he asked me. Has Sydney really turned once obvious straight men into men that can talk to women, dance, dress and smell great?!! Have we entered the year of Generation G (ay) as apposed to Z? I sense confusing times ahead for all of us!

Sy

3 comments:

Dervish said...

I wish my gaydar was as good as yours. I never get it when someone is!!

Tulp Kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Single Guy said...

LOL! There are so many metrosexuals in this city. My straight friends are gayer than my gay friends...seriously..they dress more gay and camp it up than real queens!