19 January, 2008

Am i a traveller?!

Well it's been nearly 38 hours in Sydney and i swear it has not stopped raining. I am on strike! I refuse to go to see the Harbour Bridge and Oprah house until the sun comes out. I cannot take pictures of me and the beautiful landmarks whilst i look like a drowned rat!

Last night was interesting. Still a little jet lagged i went to a travellers bar with the Swedish girls, Norwegian girls and the Canadian Guy.......my god! It was a cattle market. Word of advice for future female travellers, stay clear of Germans!! I was proposed to by a Brazilian and offered a place to stay by some Irish Guys - bearing in mind i looked like shit, did not dress up and good barley keep my eyes open!! I'm not sure i am going to go again. It's not that it wasn't fun and i don't like fellow travellers but that is not why i came here. I want to get the know the 'real' Sydney. I'm not really a traveller am i?!

I thought not. However here i am sat in a Internet cafe with some washing powder, milk and breakfast cereal from the 7-11 in China Town and a key card around my neck!! God if my friends could see me now!!

Sy

1 comment:

Single Guy said...

Yeah. You are a real traveller! There's a whole community of backpacker/holiday makers here

This rain is horrible. It must feel like the UK.