29 January, 2008

Good Job - Bad Dreams

I have a job!! Wooohoooo.

OK so it's an office job - boo, but it pays well - yay! Its in North Sydney - boo, but it pays well - yay!

Yep started my new job today as a PA in North Sydney - the area itself is ok and it's pretty i guess but you cant beat that buzz that the CBD has. Anyway it will pay the bills and keep me going till i can find something else. The role itself is pretty easy - and the people seem ok. In terms of hot men there are a fair few that i noticed walking the street today but after falling asleep on Coogee Beach yesterday and getting a sun burnt face i was keeping a low profile!

The apartment hunting is not going too well. I have viewed lots of places but none of them feel right. On my budget i cannot afford to 'feel' good and i am going to have to make a decision soon as getting up at 6:30am for work when Thea the nutty Norwegian falls through the door at 4am and wants to chat is not good.

I love Sydney, i love the weather, the sites, the food and the lifestyle so why do i still feel like there is something missing. I had a dream last night. A bad dream. I dreamt i was at home in the UK and was at the local gym (pah as if!) and SB came in and had gotten really big and muscly. On first impression i didn't think he looked very nice but then he came over and spoke to me and tried to kiss me on the treadmill!! I woke when my alarm went off and felt stupidly good. After my trip out on Australia Day and various trips to the beaches and seeing how many great looking nice guys there are i thought i was making good progress but this stupid dream seems to have knocked me back 10 steps.

With everything going so great on the other side of the world - why can't i leave my past at home?

Sy

2 comments:

Dervish said...

Congratulations on the new job and wish you luck with the apartment hunting.
You would get over SB once a nice Aussie blokes sweeps you off your feet!! The human heart can be rather fickle!! All you need to do is let go and go with the flow!

Single Guy said...

congrats on the new job!!! It takes time to leave the past. There are lots of hot guys in North Sydney!!! seriously...are you into Asian boys? I have a nice asian boy who's after a nice gal!