15 January, 2008

I hate goodbyes

Why do i still feel like i want to say goodbye to him? SB never did text me back so he obviously isn't that bothered, yet i am sat here all packed and ready to leave tomorrow with a 'farewell' letter to him in my hands.
Do i want to say goodbye?? Forever?? Or am i really just hoping that he will chase me down to Heathrow Airport and ask me to stay and be with him forever?! Ouch that was a little too honest!

I guess in the back of my mind i know that i still love him and i am not over him yet. Organising this trip has kept my mind occupied but now with 24 hours left in the country and nothing else to organise i can't stop thinking about him. I have said my goodbyes to nearly all my friends and family which broke my heart. You never know how much these people mean to you until you know you won't see them whenever you want. SB's mum even came round last night to wish me all the best and brought me a card!! So why when i am surrounded by wonderful people who want to wish me all the luck in the world, am i still focusing my attention on the one person that doesn't care?

I can't decide whether to take the letter round or not, chances are as fellow blogger Wandering Dervish pointed out in my comment box - either way ill probably be disappointed.

I have to go and say goodbyes to me little brothers and my Dad now so probably won't post again till i am in Sydney.

Oh my god - Im going to Sydney.
Sy

2 comments:

Dervish said...

I know exactly what you mean when you say that it's sad knowing that all these relationships that you formed over years wouldn't be there at arms distance. You wouldn't be able to call one of your friends and ask them out for a movie or coffee :-(
But believe me it's best that you tear the letter and get packing. You wouldn't want to do something that would lead you to a much darker place than you are in now.
You should count your blessings and all the wonderful friends and family who are there to say their farewells.
I am not going to be staying at Wake up but would love to catch up with you over lunch. Just leave me a mail on the id on my blog profile and we could plan something out!!!

Single Guy said...

Hmmm...he had his chance to say goodbye. Just leave him in the UK! You are coming to Sydney!!!! Summer!