18 January, 2008

Sydney, Sydney, Sydney

Well i have arrived in the land down under. After some very teary goodbyes, a surprise party thrown by my bloody amazing friends and family, 13 hours to Kuala Lumpa sat next to a 50 year old man that laughed loudly to the Simpsons for most of the journey, 5 hours at KL airport with nothing to do but get sprayed by perfume from little Malaysian men and then another 8 hours to Sydney sat next to possibly the most annoying English guy in the world, i made it! It finally hit me what i was doing on the plane from London to KL and i felt a little sick. I got butterflies and for about 4 hours thought i shouldn't be doing it, that soon passed when i saw the Harbour Bridge and Oprah House on my way in to Sydney airport. The ACTUAL Oprah house.....holy fuck I'm in Sydney!!

I am sharing my room with some interesting people from Norway, Sweden and Canada which could be fun for a while but the novelty is definitely going to wear off so will start looking for a job and place to stay on Monday.

I never gave the letter to SB. He didn't deserve to know how much i cared about him.

Currently jet lagged but going to get pissed with the Swedish girls in a bit to get me going. It's raining outside but i was assured by the bus driver that the weather is looking up, i have his number in case it doesn't!

Sy

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

Welcome back! sorry about this horrible weather. We were thinking of going out 2morrow night to the Symphony on the Domain but with this terrible weather...my gang may decide to do dinner and drinks. Email me or call me if you wanna join us! sydney102@hotmail.com

Dervish said...

Well one of us is there while the other one is stuck at Singapore airport for the next 12 hours and then the approx 8 hours journey. ARRGGHHH..