01 February, 2008

Surry Hills

I have a place to stay!
I was starting to get just a teeny weeny bit worried that i was not going to find anywhere i liked but then low and behold i stumbled across an area by the name of Surry Hills! How i have missed this little suburb i do not know but it's perfect. Its location is excellent with pretty much everything i need in strolling distance including my fave - Hyde Park. The area itself has a really nice feel to it.....i hate to say it but it kind of reminded me of home! Its my guilty pleasure and it feels familiar to me in a strange way. There are a couple of great pubs - and when i took a look in the Clock last night.....not a bad looking bunch at all!

Anyway i have found a great place - it's not the biggest, cleanist or newest house i have seen. In fact it's really old but my room is a good size, i have lots of storage and clean sheets and it's only me - my own space. I moved in last night and it felt so great to shut the door and be alone. So much so i walked around naked for a while - just coz i could!!!

Also on the man front - i met an Aussie guy in the bar a few nights ago. Really not my type and he had an awful name but was nice guy. I don't trust nice guys! He asked for my mobile number, which i gave to him (think i had had too many Corona's) and he text me last night asking if i wanted to meet. I had an excuse with moving in the house but he text me again asking to meet up. Not sure what to do.........is there any point if i didn't fancy him or does he genuinely just want a friendly drink. Is there such a thing?? Answers on a postcard please.

2 comments:

Dervish said...

Congratulations on finding a place!! I think I wouldn't harm to go out with the Aussie guy for a drink. You should go with the flow and follow the signs!!

Single Guy said...

Yes..congrats on your new place. I agree with wandering and you should just have one drink....I mean maybe you dont fancy him but maybe he's got cute mates. You never know!