04 February, 2008

Could I, Should I

There is one big thought on my mind at the moment (even more so then will it ever stop raining!) and i don't know what has brought it on. I keep thinking about staying in Australia for good. When i started this journey it was to see if there was a better life somewhere and get away from the heartbreak that i was surrounded with at home.

I was on the bus home last night and i heard these two Irish girls talking about how long they have been in Sydney and how easy it was to get sponsorship, and i couldnt help but listen. I never really contemplated staying here when i started out, and perhaps i am being hasty and getting carried away in the whole city life/buzz thing.

So today i have been searching the internet for options. I should be working but its so bloody laid back here i thought i might as well take advantage of the free internet access. Could i really 'live' in Australia? Could i really leave everything behind for good? I have a feeling that nothing would have really changed when i go back home next January. SB will still be there with his girlfriend and his house. My friends and family will surround me, but will it be enough. I have never felt roots in my hometown and country and it took me a long time to realise that i needed to get away. Now i have done that - could i, should i go home again??

Sy

1 comment:

Dervish said...

You have the best of both the worlds. Give it a shot here and in case you don't like it there is always family to go back home to. But maybe if you did give it a chance you may make a family for yourself here in the land down under!!