03 February, 2008

Shitty Weather!

Following a shitty Friday night the weekend got much better despite the shitty weather. On Saturday the sun came out about 12pm so i decided to take a stroll to Paddington Market as i had heard it was pretty good. Not really knowing my new area to well i stepped out on Oxford street and was overwhelmed by the amount of trendy, cool, fashionable types that were at every turn. And beautiful too. It certainly made me feel a bit bad about myself.

I have cool and trendy days but this was not one of them - and if it wasnt for the fact i am a lazy cow i would have gone back home and changed!

When walking around the market itself i noticed so many things that i could buy for people back home. Jewellery for my mum, beads for my sister, and big crocodile teddy for my brother and an amazing canvas of Sydney Harbour that i know SB would have loved. I left empty handed and felt a bit sad.

Sunday was another shitty weather day - it seriously rained non stop all day. But that didnt dampen a really great brunch with a fellow blogger JB. He kindly agreed to meet me in Potts Point which is another area i had not visited and i fell in love with. I had not banked on it raining in Sydney so had to cave in and buy an Umbrella which subsequently was bloody broken when i tried to put it up. Again i should have returned it but am a lazy cow. JB talked candidly about his life, his past and his present and it was great to listen to his tales of Sydney. I also think he has a little obsession about England and secretly only agreed to meet me because of my accent!! He also gave me some great tips and where to find single, straight business men and i will be putting his recommedations into practice over the next week or so. Thanks JB.

The weekend was topped off by 4 and half hours of TV! I sat down to watch the biggest loser - my first bit of Australian TV with a big tub of chocolate ice cream and felt pretty smug about it!

Sy

1 comment:

Single Guy said...

Yes. I do love the UK!!!

And this weather is very UK. It was lovely meeting you!! and You have a cute accent.