09 February, 2008

Why does it always rain on me?


Since my thoughts just recently have consisted of staying in Sydney, it appears that a higher being is trying to put me off and tell me to go back to England.

Firstly it has rained non stop, its still a great city but like anywhere in the world the rain makes it feel like hard work, dull and miserable. Then yesterday morning i had my first encounter with a cockroach!! I came out of the shower and very nearly stood on it. It was the size of my hand - well maybe not but it was huge. After standing there screaming and trying to kill it with my shoe a house mate very kindly came and rescued me and proceeded to say 'oh it's only a cockroach you get alot of them here'!

Not where i am from you dont! I have never seen one in my whole life.

I also got a call from my mum on Thursday to let me know that my nanny is very sick and they think she only has a couple of weeks to live. My mum was so sad and all i could give her was words of support - i would have given anything to have been with her and given her a hug.

Then there is the job which progressively got worse this week. Working as a PA sucks. They sent me out to get coffee 3 times in one day. I order lunch and write minutes and then i made the fatel mistake of saying i was pretty good at Powerpoint so i spent all of yesterday doing powerpoint presentations for three directors who have not a clue. Guess i am not cut out to be a PA. And if all of that is not bad enough there has been a distinct lack of handsome men to keep me occupied on my travels to and from work. Perhaps the hot guys go into hibernation when it rains.

However i am pleased to report that none of this has dappened (excuse the pun) my spirits too much. On a good note i had an interview at the top radio station in Sydney this week and they want to see me again. If successful they are also able to offer me sponsorship which means i can work here for up to four years. The money is great and i would really be able to live the lifestyle and not feel like a traveller.

I suppose you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

Sy

2 comments:

Dervish said...

Wish you luck with the job interview. It is strange that everytime I have been to the city from the suburbia it has rained!!

Single Guy said...

well..England is after all the best country in the world...with hot sexy hunks but hopefully things will change...this new job sounds very promising and fun!