25 February, 2008

Falling in love?

It was a tough week last week. I felt physically and emotionally drained. Exhausted with Sydney and exhausted with constantly feeling like i needed to make decisions.

I knew from experience that i just need to stop. Stop thinking about what i didn't have and remember why i was here. I fell in love with Sydney early on and we had fallen out. Perhaps i just needed to date the city again and take things slow!

So on our first date on Saturday i thought i may be a good idea for me to become a tourist again. I caught the ferry from Circular Quay to Balmain. It was a beautiful day and even at 9am the quay was buzzing with lots of people here to see this massive cruise ship that had docked in the harbour. I personally thought it was ugly but it seemed to be getting quite the attraction with even more Asian families taking hundreds of pictures. Balmain was pretty. I went to the market, bought a few little 'Aussie' things to send home and grabbed some lunch in a nice little cafe. I then got back on the Ferry and stopped at Darling Harbour. My only previous time at DH was a bad experience with a bouncer at Home nightclub. However it was a very different place in the light of day. And what a day. The sun did not stop shining. People were in great spirits and it was truly beautiful. I grabbed an ice cream and just sat by the water watching the world go by. Perhaps me and Sydney do have a future together?

On Sunday it was another hot, beautiful day and what else could i do except hit the beach. I got up early and jumped on the ferry to Manly. The Asians and the old were still taking pictures of the vessel in the dock - perhaps they had been there all night?! Manly is probably my favourite Beach. Nothing to do with the fact that every other guy that walks past is HOT! I spent the day swimming, sunning and watching surfers. The only slightly annoying part of the day was a loud group of English people who decided to settle next to me. They were from Essex. I knew it before they even spoke. Their accent confirmed it and started to grate on me after a few hours.

As Sunday came to an end i went home feeling revived. I started my new temp placement at Deautsch Bank on Monday and was looking forward to it. Investment Bankers ummmm the possibilities!!

All in all it was a great 1st and 2nd date and i felt myself falling in love all over again

Sy

No comments: