13 February, 2008

Park Life


It's weird how things happen and the course a day can take.

I got a phone call from my temporary prat of a boss yesterday morning saying i didnt need to come into work as he was jetting off to New Zealand on some urgent business. He could have told me that before i had got up early, got washed and changed and was about to walk out the door but nethertheless the sun was shining outside at last so i thought i would make the most of it and i could prepare for my 2nd round interview at the radio station.

So i packed up my note book, grabbed a coffee, some ciggies and a newspaper and went to Hyde Park. An article in the paper caught my attention. It was about how singles this Valentines Day are going to big speed dating events across the country instead of sitting home drinking wine and watching Bridget Jones. Thats actually not what it said but along the same lines. It had all been arranged by Australia's number one dating site RSVP! I had never used the internet to date before, and had always been a bit skepticle - i mean has it really come to this? But i have met a few people who met there partners on the internet so perhaps i should give it ago.....i mean it's not as though my mobile has been ringing off the hook with offers.

Literally as i put the paper down and lit up a cigarette (which i was planning on giving up this week!) this georgeous guy comes over and asks for a light! As i always do when i fancy someone my mind goes blank and i turn all stupid and girly. Unbelievably he still asks if he can join me and we start talking.

He is cute, he is funny, he has a great body, he is from Melbourne!! WTF?! He is here visiting relatives. Damn it.

4 hours later i have registered my details on the RSVP website and have decided to not quit smoking just yet!

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

WOW!Good for you. Happy V Day. I've heard good things about the RSVP thing....good luck with that. Melbourne boys are hot!

Dervish said...

Happy Valentines Sy!! And wish you luck with the RSVP!!